Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Three weeks in a list

It's amazing how much coming home from a holiday can restore all the mild panics I have when I am away about who I am, what I want, and where I'm going. I suddenly feel like whatever was centering me before I left, has now returned. It's such a lovely feeling!

I've come back still without a plan, still without a clue what happens next. I have some work, but it's nothing permanent - thankfully! So next comes... a job search, a soul search, opportunity search, I suppose all of those ideas encompass what is to happen next.

I suppose I should be excited...

Colorado was good. Favourite memories include...

  • Meeting Tia (brother's dog) in the airport car park
  • Having the best nights sleep ever the first night
  • Laughing in the car on the way to Telluride
  • Driving into Telluride and remembering how damn beautiful it is
  • Setting up camp under the aspen trees
  • Luke scaring the life out of little Sean when he was least expecting it
  • Hanging out with Ali
  • Watching the Aspen trees glitter in the wind and sunlight
  • Having so many innuendo's in my head that I didn't know which one to say first... and then I ended up saying none of them
  • Meeting new, interesting people
  • First shower in 3 days feeling like heaven on earth
  • Eating a huge, juicy, cold apple!
  • Taggart saying "Hay is for horses" whenever I greeted him
  • Seeing and rocking out to The Frames live
  • Shaking Glen Hansard's hand, realising it was really warm
  • Wishing I'd said something better than what I did, to Glen Hansard
  • Watching the crowd dance in the snow (in the middle of June!)
  • Watching the crowd throw marshmallows at each other from all directions (I wish I'd taken a photo!)
  • A record number of Americans saying "Heather?" when I introduce myself by saying "Hi, I'm Helen..."
  • Holding a tarantula because my brother was too chicken to do it first
  • Being surrounded by so many butterflies I felt like they were all there for me
  • Seeing three beavers in the beaver pond
  • Getting ridiculously drunk, and somehow becoming even more funny than usual
  • Waking up the next day still feeling drunk
  • Taking a photograph of a chipmunk eating a dandelion stalk - simple things!
  • Hanging out in Boulder for the day, just reading
  • Being able to say to people in town with clipboards... "No, I'm English!"
  • Eating dark chocolate mousse cake in a posh Italian restaurant
  • Watching "Wanted" and then slating the film afterwards with my brother
  • Meeting an Irish guy called Keith before I got on the plane, only to find we were sat right next to each other
  • Coming home to clean sheets, a shower, and my laptop!

I think I summed pretty much everything up on my trip! If you want to hear more about anything, all you have to do is ask ;-)

I'm so happy to be home, I cannot explain!

5 comments:

Ben James said...

Glad you had a good time and it's great to have you back, Heather :)

Anonymous said...

how in the hell does "helen" sound like "heather"?

also, wtf, wanted was good! smash bam boom james mcavoyyyy.

glad you had a good time in the end though :P

Anonymous said...

You sound like u had a great time helen , good to have you back hun:)

Anonymous said...

cialis v s viagra super viagra pro viagra lawyer columbus cialis vs viagra viagra 34434 viagra buy viagra herb alternative viagra blood pressure cheap viagra canada viagra suppliers in the uk can viagra causes legs to ache viagra attorney columbus women's viagra can women take viagra

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!